Thursday, January 7, 2016

Currently - January '16

Happy New Year! I hope everyone's 2016 is off to a good start. Need some inspiration? Go visit Anne and Jenna and see what others are up to this month. 



resolving - For the first time, I have picked a word for the year. In past years, the thought of boiling everything down into one word was terribly overwhelming. Although it sounds terribly cliche, this year's word just came to me while I was out on the first bike ride of the year. My word for 2016 is CONTRIBUTE, and I am working on a list of goals/actions that fit this theme.

reading - Trying to finish up Freedom by Johnathan Franzen and just started my first non-fiction book of the year, Washington: The Making of the American Capital.

organizing - After a few years of keeping a dedicated log of my spending (and saving receipts until I manually entered them into my budget worksheet) I am trying to embrace new technologies and stop bringing all those little scraps of paper into the house. If anyone has any money management tips or favorite apps, please share in the comments :-)

loving - The homemade tamales a friend gave us for New Year's. It had been years since I've eaten homemade tamales and Keizo had never tried tamales, period. The tamales lasted for two meals, and are now a delicious memory. Thank you Allison for making them and driving eight hours to bring them to us!

craving - Travel and adventure! One of my goals for the year is taking a trip every month. Reality dictates that most of these will be shorter, local adventures but even a small change of scenery can lead to new discoveries and offer a welcome respite from the day to day.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your word of the year! So purposeful and meaningful. I'm excited to hear about how you make this a part of your year!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good word of the year! Not one I've ever heard chosen, but I can see it making for a great year. And a trip every month sounds like a fabulous year too. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete