Sunday, July 6, 2014

30 before 30: 6 month report

Six months ago, I finalized my "30 before 30" list and created a page for it on this lil' blog.  I also proclaimed "I will be crossing off items as I finish them"  and "assessing my progress every six months;" the first part of which has not happened, but never fear for I have not forgotten the second part of that declaration!

The complete (updated) list can be found here, with my notes on my achievements to date below.

Blog--Nothing to report in this category; sticking with my ongoing 1X/week goal (19/26 Jan-June 2014) seems challenging enough.

Cooking
6. Bake bread from scratch Chocolate Almond Swirl 4/6/2014



9. New recipe 1X/week--(17/26) Jan-June 2014 I've edited this item to reflect my ongoing new recipe/week goal.  #9 originally read "vegan/ethnic recipe 1X/month" but keeping track of that in addition to other new recipes seemed like a bit much.

Fitness
10. Run color/electric race Rainbow Rush "5K" 5/25/2014



14. Yoga 1X/week--(12/26) Jan-June 2014

Personal Growth
15. Study and take JLPT--I looked up the test date...
17. Attend 2  professional conferences--one down, one to go; National Women's Bicycle Bicycling Forum 3/3/2014
18. Find & commit to a regular volunteer opportunity--Girl Scout Troop 788 Cookie Manager/Volunteer
19. Read 12 non-fiction books--(4/12) Consumer's Guide to Effective Environmental Choices,Visual Display of Quantitative Information, Bikenomics, Blink
20. Donate blood--I have an appointment on 7/7/2014  

Relationships
21. Plan wedding--Printed a to-do list, perused wedding magazine, contemplated joining pintrest...
24. Write letter 1X/week--(14/26) Jan-June 2014

Travel--sadly, nothing to report here.  How I would love to change that, ASAP!

Well, I have certainly made some progress, but with only 10% of the items completed to date, I will have to apply myself a bit more if I really want these things checked off by my 30th birthday.  It's interesting to me how much has changed in the six months since I wrote these all down.  The small edit in the Cooking category is the only change I am allowing myself at this time, and I am going to try not to make others in the future.  The Blog category hasn't inspired any action to date, although I am pretty sure I included it to have some easy things to check off.  Even though I have a copy of the list posted by my desk where I can see it on a daily basis, this sort of more detailed accounting has been way more helpful for me to see where I stand.

I hope to be much further along at the next check-in six months from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment