Tuesday, July 1, 2014

New Recipes: June

What happened to June!?!?  The month really flew by, but by some small miracle I tried three new recipes amid the whirlwind that was family, work and saying good-bye to a friend starting a new adventure in the Big Apple.


I followed the recipe as closely as I could with what I had on hand the first time, halving it to serve one person.  But my smoothie came out pretty chunky (gross).  The flavors were good though, so I made it again but skipped the raw almonds in favor of some peanut butter, used a whole banana and a little less almond milk.  I want to say that I really like the strawberry mint combination, but more likely it's the chocolate that makes it so tasty.




I earmarked this recipe for a potluck, not thinking about how long they would take to put together.  I arrived more than fashionably late, and there was a lot of other food, so I ended up bringing home several leftovers.

The recipe turned out fine, but wasn't anything remarkable.  Plus, with all of the frozen mini-quiches out there, I don't think I will be making this again any time soon.





Another great recipe from Joy the Baker.  I will admit I was not sure browning the butter would be worth it, but it was, even for the smell alone!  The brown butter also gave the cookies a subtle flavor boost.  I liked the cookies so much I made this recipe twice in one week; once to take into work and a half recipe to bring with me to share with my extended family as we continue to work on my aunt's estate.  My family was very appreciative, one of the many reasons I love them so much ;-)





Two out of three during a busy month isn't too bad!  More potlucks on the horizon for the Fourth, plus some prolific zucchini plants will help keep me creative in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment