Sunday, May 25, 2014

List for the week

The theme for this post is from the Blog Every Day in May challenge.  I am getting an awfully late start and won't be writing everyday, but the prompts are interesting and it will be nice to try something new around here.

List(s) for the Week

I have a plethora of lists to choose from for this post.  As I mentioned in my last post (and probably several other times over the course of blogging) I am very good making lists, although a bit less skilled at completing everything on them.  When I do get to check things off, I feel very accomplished!  

At any given time, I have several lists going at once.  Most are themed--work to-do list, home to-do list, a weekly meal plan and grocery list, and mini daily to-do lists that I put on post-its or write directly on the pages of my weekly planner.

With so many lists, I couldn't very easily pick just one for this post.  So today I am sharing the two most important lists: my grocery list and my weekly planner.


This week's grocery list is a bit shorter and less thought out than others.  I didn't sit down and choose out recipes in advance, and made the list pretty quickly before I headed to the store.  It does look like most of my other grocery lists though: handwritten on a recycled scrap of paper in roughly the order that I collect things around the store.  Produce is up at the top left, canned goods towards the bottom of the left hand column, household items and dairy products on the right hand side.




Having a weekly planner was essential in grad school.  But even before I started taking classes again, I began buying pocket-sized weekly planners from the dollar bins at Michael's and Target.  I think this is my 4th such planner, and even in this increasing digital age I really prefer writing things down and having a physical calendar I can refer to.  

Last week and this week, both pictured above, are a bit busier than usual with more evening activities and work outside of regular hours.  Given the number of scribbles on most of the other days, I am particularly excited about the blank expanse I have left for Memorial Day tomorrow.  The empty lines are a bit misleading given the number of things I want to get done around the house, but it is still really nice to have an extra day to sleep in and schedule as I please!

No comments:

Post a Comment