Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Currently - December '22

For what appears to be the first time ever, I am 12 for 12 with Currently posts this year! Just to be clear, this means there's one each month, not that they've all been posted in time for the link ups. 😜

And speaking of link ups, you can find a whole collection of Currently enthusiasts over at Jennifer's blog. Happy Reading!

Spotted in the lobby of The Arlington Hotel in Hot Springs, AR

loving - I am definitely loving my extended break from work and being able to spend plenty of time with my parents and brother's family. We've been hiking, playing board games, doing jigsaw puzzles, and are gearing up for some marathon holiday baking sessions. Keizo and I had our first unsupervised playdate with our niece yesterday at the park and I may have had more fun than she did rolling acorns down the slide. 

Some days the lack of structure makes me feel bored or a little anxious, but then I think about how worn down I'd been feeling a few months ago and remind myself that rest is important and one of the big reasons I asked for personal leave in the first place. 

gifting - We're not great gift givers in my family. For one, we are very lucky to have more than we really need; two, some of us are pretty particular; and three, we don't tend to wait for special occasions to buy things for ourselves. I do enjoy wrapping presents though, and have already told my sister-in-law that I'd be happy to do hers!

wrapping - I haven't started gift wrapping any presents yet, but I am trying to wrap up Keizo's hand-knit gift (definitely not a surprise, since he's seen me working on it) by doing a few rows a day. I've finished up the 'pattern' so to speak, so now it's just a few more inches of plain ribbing and my least favorite part of sewing in all the loose ends. 

hoping -  that Keizo and I will find our own place to live by the end of the year. We've toured a few places and have sent some additional inquiries. Some rental prices seem to be coming down which is very nice to see and makes me wonder if we shouldn't rush into anything right now.  

attending - My entire social life these days revolves around family and holiday events, but Keizo and I have made plans to attend (and interact with some new people) an "Introduction to Mountain Biking" class next weekend. 

5 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have some extended time off from work! I am glad that it's helping you slow down and enjoy this season. I have heard the same about rental prices and about housing prices as well, which is encouraging. I have a son who would love to buy a house, and is looking into that after the new year. Best of luck to you and Keizo! I'm so glad you joined us today and way to go with being 12 for 12! I can say the same, which I'm proud of. I've never blogged so regularly in all of my years (15 or 16!) of doing this than when I started scheduling posts. I'm on an eighteen month streak now, which is something big for me. I hope to keep it up in 2023. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to continuing these types of posts with you next year :-)

      Delete
  2. How great to have the extra time off work and to be able to use it for family time! Best wishes to you as you search for a rental - having recently done the same, I know it's a challenge to find a place that feels right and fits the budget.
    Visiting from Currently#19

    ReplyDelete