Saturday, August 4, 2018

Currently - August '18

After traveling for most of July, my last week or so has been spent trying to get back to my normal routines: work, chores, exercising, and joining the monthly "Currently" link-up a few days late. :-) Please stop by Anne's blog to see what others are up to this month.

Naruto, Japan

following - I'm not sure that completing one workout from a 12-week half marathon training plan really counts as following, but I intend to complete many more and finish my first half at the Baltimore Running Festival in October.

ordering - To help with the goal outlined above, I'll need some new shoes, running and otherwise. My feet have been letting me know they're not so happy walking around in flats and flat sandals with zero arch support; any recommendations for non-running shoes with good arch support would be appreciated!

pinning - "Vegetable-forward" recipes and houseplant collections; too bad we have very little natural light in our apartment.

watching - Just finished all the episodes of Jane the Virgin available on Netflix, including the shocking ending of Season 4! I have my fingers crossed that Season 5 isn't too far off, and would also really like to see more seasons of the Great British Baking Show.

counting - The time has come to add up what we spent on our month long trip in July so we have a baseline for future adventures. Since this was the first trip back to Japan for Keizo in three years and we initially spent less on plane tickets that I thought we would, we spent pretty freely while we were traveling with more dinners out and nights spent in hotels I wasn't necessarily anticipating. All in all though, we couldn't have asked for a better trip and I think we're both already looking forward to the next one.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I've heard about Jane the Virgin from a couple of sources lately and was thinking I maybe need to start in on it myself - and now even more so, since you mention it's on Netflix! And glad to hear you had a great trip :)

    ReplyDelete