Sunday, January 7, 2018

Currently - January '18

Happy New Year! The end of 2017 was packed with work deadlines, social engagements and hosting family for the holidays, so it's been nice that the first week of 2018 has been a bit quieter, giving me time to reflect on the past year and work on my first blog post in three months. Linking up with Anne and others again to share what I am up to currently.



starting - Going to the gym. A new Planet Fitness opened a block from my office, offering a $99/year deal through the end of December, so I asked Keizo to meet me after work last week and we both signed up. We've been twice since then, and my goal is to go at least once a week, especially while the winter weather continues.

hoping - To travel more with Keizo this year. In 2017, Keizo dropped me off and picked me up at the airport several times for work trips, but he only made it inside twice, both for trips to Arizona to see my family. We're overdue for a trip to see his family in Japan, but I also hope we can do a few trips closer to home (like our fun long weekend in New Orleans two years ago).

scheduling - I signed up for a 10K the first weekend in March, so last week I copied Hal Higdon's training plan into my calendar. The running starts in earnest this week; hopefully the weather will cooperate enough (i.e. with temperatures above freezing) to allow me to train outside!

reading - On a recent trip to the library, I picked up Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple. I read Where'd You Go, Bernadette last year, and hope this one will be equally enjoyable.

playing - We spent New Year's Eve with friends who introduced us to two new games: Exploding Kittens and Codewords. I preferred the latter; it was easier to learn, and more fun with a large group of people. I didn't get the chance to be the spy master...maybe next time!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I really enjoyed Today Will Be Different. It's pretty different (ha!) from Where'd You Go in a few ways, but I found it really entertaining. I think she's a great writer.

    And yay for 10k training! Always nice to have a gym membership to fall back on in case it's treadmill-only weather (which is pretty much the case here in the winter, because the sidewalks are always too slippery!).

    ReplyDelete