Monday, April 4, 2011

Mmmmmmmocha Chip Cookies

After a super lazy Tuesday involving little more than a marathon of Law and Order after work, last Wednesday was by necessity a very productive day. I worked from 8 to 3:30, stopped by the bank, went to a pilates class and got everything ready to leave town for the weekend. This involved printing out confirmations and directions, packing (which always stresses me out more than it should,) and preparing something yummy for the people hosting me.

I cut the recipe for these cookies off the back of a brownie mix not too long ago, and it was the perfect thing to try on day when time was of the essence. They were a cinch to make, and all of the ingredients were already on hand.

Start with a box of brownie mix.


In a large bowl, combine mix with 1 egg, 2 Tbsp of instant coffee dissolved in 3 Tbsp of hot water, 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil and a dash of cinnamon. Stirring it all together was quite the upper body work out!


Lastly, fold in 1 and 1/2 cups of chocolate and/or white chocolate chips (nuts would also be a tasty addition)


Drop by teaspoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 F.


Let cool a few minutes and remove cookies from cookie sheets and place on cooling racks. They taste really good all warm and gooey.


Later in the evening I boxed up the cookies for my hosts and left a few behind for my parents, but I really should have packed some for myself to eat on the plane. There was no trace of the cookies that I had left behind when I returned. I guess I will just have to make some more--shucks ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment